Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Boot Camp!

In an effort to gain control over my health and fitness through hard work and accountability, I have the distinct pleasure of being involved in the inaugural boot camp program being organized by friend-of-a-friend via Facebook, as she prepares to launch her own website and nutrition+fitness program.

I have my "before" photos taken, and will update at the end of the 12 weeks with a progression of photos throughout, along with measurements and weight. I'm going to update here weekly with a bit of info on my progress, but expect the greatest reveal to be at the end.

Of course, for the entirety of this program, plus an additional 16 weeks afterwards, I'll be far enough away from friends and family that I'm tempted to keep my progress a secret. We'll see how I feel in twelve weeks.

For now, a bit on my goals. My trainer has suggested a weight loss goal of 20 pounds for this time period. Based on how much I tend to lose right away with diet changes, I think it's possible that I will lose more, but I'll stick to the goal for now.

This change will be effected through calorie reduction (1500 calories on rest days, 1900 on training days) and carb limitations (50g on rest days and 100g on training days) with an emphasis on high protein foods and "clean" eating - no grains, rancid oils, legumes, or factory-farmed meat (most of those restrictions are my own).

I am very excited about heading for the coast, where fresh seafood will be easy to come by!

The final component of boot camp is, of course, fitness. My regime includes 2-3 (3 is my goal_ days of strength training per week, plus the occasional bit of HIIT (high intensity interval training) and LISS (low intensity steady state) cardio - typically, sprinting or hiking.

Keep reading and I'll be sure to update with my trials, tribulations, successes and results!

For now, here are my starting measurements:


Navel: 48"
Natural Waist: 42"
Hips: 54"
Underbust: 43"
Overbust: 48"
Upper Arm: 15"
Thigh: 29.5"

Weight: 250 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment